Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Day 11 Second Weigh In

Well, maybe my last weigh in was a fluke.  I did not get up and weigh in at 6am.  I ate well and drank a lot of water.  I worked out with the weights class at school, Team Fitness, and 30 minutes on the treadmill.  I met my goals all week but I didn’t see any of that effort reflected on the scale.  I maintained my weight but did not maintain my body fat percentage.  I have read that the scales are not quite accurate and if you are well hydrated it will show up as higher body fat.  I don’t know what to think…. I just know that I have been working hard on eating right, drinking water, and working out.  I just need to keep it up!

I am battling some pain with my left piriformis muscle. 


I have had issues with this in the past.  My first experience with it was a long time ago when I was skinny and running faster than Josh.   I remember I ran 7 miles to the bowling alley, then went bowling for Jeana’s 10th birthday party.  During the bowling, I had a pain shoot down my leg and up by back from by butt (piriformis).  It lasted for weeks.  I didn't know it then, but my inflammed piriformis compressed the sciatic nerve.  After several appointments, I was told not to run.  So, I quit. 

30lbs added, I started running again. I’ve never been able to get back to the same capacity.  I have avoided this pain by not over doing it and practicing yoga.  Having this pain now scares me that I will give up again.  I NEED to push through and find alternatives if I have too.  I also need to stop bowling! I am seeing another correlation to pain besides running!

I have heated, iced, and tortured myself with a tennis ball.  I hope it feels better in the morning.

I met my daily goals for this week.

I stayed under 100 carbs, drank 68 oz of water, and got in over 15,000 steps.












No comments:

Post a Comment